Gum Grafting for Sensitivity in Gig Harbor: Trusted, Compassionate Care by Sound Surgical Arts
If you’re from Gig Harbor and battling tooth sensitivity, you might be contemplating a gum graft. This procedure, though it may sound intimidating, can provide immense relief and improve your oral health significantly.
At Sound Surgical Arts, we specialize in such procedures, offering trusted and compassionate care to all our patients. We understand that dental procedures can be nerve-wracking, so we do our best to make you feel comfortable and informed every step of the way.
Gum grafting for sensitivity isn’t just a quick fix; it’s a long-term solution to protect your teeth from further damage and reduce discomfort. Our seasoned team of dental professionals uses the latest techniques and technology to ensure the procedure is as smooth and painless as possible.
So, if you’re tired of wincing every time you sip a hot coffee or bite into an ice cream cone, it might be time to consider gum grafting. We’re here to answer all your questions and guide you through the process. Trust us to provide the expert, compassionate care you deserve. After all, at Sound Surgical Arts, we believe in not just treating teeth, but people.
What Causes Gum Sensitivity and Recession?
Gum recession occurs when the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of the tooth’s surface. This can lead to increased sensitivity and, if left untreated, may result in tooth loss. The common causes of gum recession include:
1. Aggressive tooth brushing: Brushing your teeth too aggressively with a hard-bristle toothbrush can cause the gums to recede.
2. Periodontal disease: Gum problems like gingivitis and periodontitis may damage the gum tissue and surrounding bone, causing recession.
3. Genetics: Some people are predisposed to developing gum disease due to hereditary factors.
4. Teeth grinding or clenching: Bruxism can put excessive pressure on the gums, causing them to recede.
5. Misaligned teeth: Poor teeth alignment directs excessive force on certain areas of the gums, resulting in recession.
Gum Grafting for Sensitivity Gig Harbor: The Sound Surgical Arts Solution
At Sound Surgical Arts, we understand the impact gum sensitivity can have on your daily life. Our gum grafting procedure aims to provide you with long-lasting relief and restore your smile’s aesthetics. Some of the benefits of gum grafting for sensitivity include:
1. Reduced sensitivity: Gum grafting effectively covers the exposed tooth roots, reducing sensitivity and discomfort.
2. Improved appearance: Grafting can rejuvenate your smile by covering the exposed tooth roots, resulting in a fuller, healthier-looking gumline.
3. Protect against tooth decay: By covering the exposed tooth, gum grafting reduces the risk of cavities in these vulnerable areas.
4. Increased overall oral health: Effectively treating gum recession through gum grafting can help to improve your overall oral health and prevent more severe issues from developing.
The Gum Grafting Procedure
Our skilled oral surgeons at Sound Surgical Arts are proficient in performing gum grafting procedures, tailored to your specific needs. The process involves harvesting a small amount of gum tissue from a different part of your mouth, such as the palate or another area where it is in excess. This tissue is then carefully placed over the exposed tooth roots and secured using sutures.
After the procedure, you will be provided with detailed post-operative care instructions to ensure a smooth healing process. It is important to follow a gentle oral hygiene routine during the recovery period.
Choose Sound Surgical Arts for Gum Grafting in Gig Harbor
When it comes to gum grafting for sensitivity Gig Harbor, trust Sound Surgical Arts for compassionate, expert care. Our team of experienced oral surgeons offers state-of-the-art treatments in a comfortable, patient-focused setting.
Connect with us today to schedule your consultation and learn more about our comprehensive range of oral surgery services, including dental implants, wisdom tooth extraction, bone and gum grafting, reconstructive surgery, and more. Let our expertise help you achieve a healthier, happier smile!