Aesthetic Periodontal Surgery
Periodontal plastic procedures can improve your smile and boost your confidence!
- Exposed roots that give the appearance of long teeth can be treated with Gum Grafting. Aesthetic periodontal procedures are a conventional way to cover unsightly, sensitive, or exposed root surfaces and to prevent future gum recession with soft tissue grafts.
- Gummy smile or uneven gums can be managed with Crown Lengthening. If you are unhappy with the appearance of short, unsightly teeth this can be greatly improved by interdisciplinary cosmetic procedures where your restorative dentist, Dr. La Rosa and if needed an orthodontist combine a series of steps to optimize your smile. Although your teeth appear short, they may actually be the proper length. The teeth may be covered with too much gum tissue and/or bone. Dr. La Rosa can correct this by performing the periodontal plastic surgery procedure, crown lengthening. During this procedure, excess gum (gingivectomy) and bone tissue are reshaped to expose more of the natural tooth. This can be done to more than one tooth, to even your gum line, and to create a beautiful smile.
- Concavities on the gum and jaw bones can be treated with Ridge Augmentation. Tooth loss causes the jawbone to recede and can lead to an unnatural looking indentation in your gums and jaw, and appearance of general aging. Jaw defects can create major problems in performing restorative dentistry whether your treatment involves dental implants, bridges or dentures. Jaw deformities can be repaired by a procedure called ridge augmentation. These procedure is done through soft tissue augmentation and bone augmentation where indicated. Augmentations are often done immediately after a tooth/teeth is removed, to avoid the need for a second procedure later.
- Missing teeth can be replaced with Dental Implants. If you lose one or more teeth due to periodontal disease, or another cause, there is hope. Dental implants are changing the way people live! They are designed to provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. The person who has lost teeth regains the ability to eat virtually anything and can smile with confidence, knowing that teeth appear natural and that facial contours will be preserved. Patients with dental implants can smile with confidence.
- High smile line due to a hypermobile upper lip … BOTOX might be of help Botox is an injectable wrinkle treatment. Aside from its many cosmetic applications, Botox has also been utilized in a variety of therapeutic treatments. If you have a high smile line and your gums are excessively showing a combination of procedures including Botox treatment can help keep the mid-portion of your upper lip lower, reducing the amount of gum visible and highlighting your teeth.
For more information about gum grafting, and bone grafting, please refer to the treatment section of our website, and click on each individual procedure for an in-depth description.